• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere loses a frame with rate stretch when 'Flip' effect is used?

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've noticed that Premiere Pro cuts out a frame when I split a clip, then rate stretch a section when using the vertical and horizontal flip effects on a clip that was shot upside down. You'll see what I mean here (I've applied the flip effects to the clips already):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1878JERaj8zQ0N0UQbNSwcO92-05jXIYY

Is there a way to fix this, or is this just a bug? Or am I just not understanding this and this is how it should work?

(The reason the footage was shot upside down was because it was shot on the Movi in the flipped setup, which is often easier to film with.)

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

**Also, I meant in the title that it ADDs a frame, not loses a frame.**

I'd love to be able to use speed ramp to do this properly without cutting the clip BUT Premiere won't allow you to go above 1000% so speed ramp is pretty useless for a lot of scenarios.

UPDATE: If I just rotate the clips by 180 degrees it does NOT mess it up like the flip effect. So it is 100% a bug with the flip effect and a stretched clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines