• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro 2019 destroys 2018 files when it converts

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I am having is that when I convert adobe premiere pro 2018 projects into 2019 projects so I can edit them I might as well start from scratch again. It will use the same video clips to a totally different part of the video clip. It removes almost all effects applied to videos. Every single title needed to be redone because the fonts moved and resized. Basically almost all the sequences in my project need to be redone. I can't imagine what I could be doing wrong but if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

First thing I'd suggest is not allowing PrPro to 'convert' a file. It often makes errors that way.

In the new version, create a new project file. From the Media Browser, navigate to the old project file, click to select, then right-click/Import the assets of that file.

The original file isn't altered and it is able to be used as-was in the previous version.

The new project file with imported assets if the old file seems a much more stable process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thing I'd suggest is not allowing PrPro to 'convert' a file. It often makes errors that way.

In the new version, create a new project file. From the Media Browser, navigate to the old project file, click to select, then right-click/Import the assets of that file.

The original file isn't altered and it is able to be used as-was in the previous version.

The new project file with imported assets if the old file seems a much more stable process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines