Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Share - Create New Profile message

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people,

Does anyone know why I get a Create New Profile message popping up when I try and share a pdf with my clients?

The review copy starts generating but then this message box appears after a few seconds but I've no clue what it's for and I can't find anything related to it on an internet search.

To be frank, it's bloody annoying because if you don't cancel it, the pdf doesn't get shared which I found out to my cost today.

I thought all was well after I'd clicked Share and moved on to other work only to find out later that it had been sat on this message all the rest of the day and my client hadn't received.

So yeah, that was four hours work down the drain and a harsh lesson for me.

Anyway, if anyone knows what it's all about, I would be most grateful.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yancowles,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting create new profile message when sharing pdf with the clients, is that correct?

Could you confirm if you are referring to the "Share" option as seen in the screenshot below?

Also, let us know the application you are using - Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Thanks for replying, yes, it's when I hit share as you have shown and it's Acrobat Reader that I am sharing it from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yancowles,

Could you confirm the option you are using under share as seen in the screenshot below? Also, make sure you are logged in into Reader application.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Ah, I'd not seen that option before so I presume it's some sort of Outlook issue where it's trying to create a group or profile from the email addresses or some such.

I don't have outlook on the pc I'm using so I guess I should check webmail instead which I will try.

It does send email notifications out as long as I cancel the Profile message but it seems a bit odd that it's trying to force me to do it.

Thanks for your input.

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also share the screenshot of the issue with us? To share the screenshot here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I tried changing it to webmail and it then went into this whole gmail sign up thing which, again, seems very odd. Why doesn't it just send out emails to the addresses I've entered without having to go through a whole load of extra nonsense just to share a review copy.

Ok, here's the message when I have the Outlook option checked - if I try and create a profile, it tells me to install outlook, which I don't use. I must, therefore, cancel for the sharing to occur.

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi yancowles,

Try using the "Invite People section" as seen in the screenshot below and check if that helps:

You may refer to the following help document for the same:

Share files online with Adobe Acrobat

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines