• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

newly installed Pro 2017 opens pdf, unable to edit as converts to scanned image

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat XI I was able to edit existing pdf documents, both text and images. Now with Pro 2017 installed an existing pdf that contains an image and text opens fine, but as soon as I select edit tools it converts the file to a scanned image and I am unable to select separate entities to edit them, although the text recognition is good and is editable. If I take the same document and add some text to it in Acrobat XI and then import it all is fine and I can edit as I used to be able to.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Hi malcj,

Editing capability for a pdf file depends upon how the pdf was created in the first place. If its a scanned file you are working with, you may try improving ocr results and check if that helps: improve OCR results

You may refer to the following help document for more info:

Edit text in PDF in Adobe Acrobat

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi malcj,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to edit pdf files in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you check if "recognize text" option is turned on in the right-hand pane ? Refer to the steps given in the following link for the same:

Edit scanned PDFs, turn off automatic OCR, Adobe Acrobat

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam

"As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to edit files in Acrobat, is that correct?" Yes this is correct.

Toggling recognise text on and off does influence what I am able to edit, so thank you for that. However there is still not the same editing capability as there is in our version of XI. There are less individual entities to edit, they seem to be in larger groups resulting in difficulty in editing smaller items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi malcj,

Editing capability for a pdf file depends upon how the pdf was created in the first place. If its a scanned file you are working with, you may try improving ocr results and check if that helps: improve OCR results

You may refer to the following help document for more info:

Edit text in PDF in Adobe Acrobat

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines