Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS Mojave and sync

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So i updated to macOS Mojave. My LR Classic was up to date before the update. I updated my macbook air, after i opened LR I find it wanted to sync about 70% of the images again(sigh). so 9,000 pics up there. So i leave it for 2 days sync'ing. I see the numbers going down at the top, but in preferences there is no files showing sync'ing which were there in past. So i take it to work to carry on as only 800 left showing at top of screen, i open at work, LR starts to sync but goes back up 2,000 images!! and just keeps going up as i log off and on.

I restored from backup, same again wants to sync most of the catalogue again. CC is up to date fine as it is on mobile, only affecting Classic. I really dont want to swap to capture one or affinity. I am tempted to create a new catalogue but i am afraid it will just do the same sync issue and show nothing in the sync tab in preferences.

Anyone had this issue? Its unresponsive most of the time and i have to force closure of the app. I never had issues with LR at all once its sync'd.

Any one know if there is a resolution to this sync issue? and the missing sync list of files its actually doing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be aware that Lightroom Classic will only sync one Catalog to your Creative Cloud account storage. If you try to sync from Collections in another Catalog the synced files from the earlier Catalog will be removed from storage.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that’s what I thought, so what’s the recommendation? Delete and start sync all over again? As presently it’s unusable?

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes  wrote

You need to be aware that Lightroom Classic will only sync one Catalog to your Creative Cloud account storage. If you try to sync from Collections in another Catalog the synced files from the earlier Catalog will be removed from storage.

Actually, that behavior has changed. The files in the cloud will not be removed any more, they will be treated as new files and so they will sync down to the newly synced Lightroom Classic catalog as separate images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds a bit confusing, if you sync Collections from a LR Classic CC Catalog smart previews are synced to the cloud. The original files are on the computer.

You are allowed to have a second install on another computer, what happens if you sync Collections from a Catalog to the Creative Cloud from this computer how do you connect to the synced files from the first computer? Via smart previews?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes  wrote

This sounds a bit confusing, if you sync Collections from a LR Classic CC Catalog smart previews are synced to the cloud. The original files are on the computer.

You are allowed to have a second install on another computer, what happens if you sync Collections from a Catalog to the Creative Cloud from this computer how do you connect to the synced files from the first computer? Via smart previews?

You can only sync one catalog, so if you sync anything from the second computer, the sync with the first computer is automatically broken. In the past, that would also remove all the images from the cloud that were synced from the first computer. That has changed now, however. These cloud images will not be removed, and because the second computer doesn’t know them, they will be downloaded by the second computer as ‘originals from the cloud’, even though of course they are smart previews.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok i couldnt use it so just bit the bullet, every time i shut down the app because it had stopped responding, it added 2,000 to sync back up, but in sync activities in preferences it showed nothing. 2,00 to sync, app stopped at 800 to go, then opened back to find it at 2,000 roughly.

So i shut app, moved all my images into a backup folder on my laptop. Created a new Catalogue in LR and started sync. Keep in mind i have 15,000 images.

As soon as i started this - sync started and the sync activity came back up as it used to. I can see its already downloaded 4,000 already on my drive and the app "IS RESPONDING fine" all the time. No timer ticking over all the time and its multi tasking ok.

It was the only decision to be made here, have a non functioning LR or a functioning LR. Yes its a pain in the ass but if i had known that OS update has not been tested on LR and it would screw my Laptop(only used for LR and Social, i wouldn't have even loaded it.

Everything else is ok now, once its sync'd up fully i will delete my old folder which has the same images on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

note:I did try to sync from the original catalogue after the removal of the images, and it showed at 9,000 to sync only and i know thats incorrect being its 15,000 as its all images to download from Cloud only(which is correctly indicated now in sync activity). I think the issue is having the same catalogue after the upgrade, i dont know why it didnt work with the original catalogue, being that was working fine for months.

Thankfully LR will be working once all the downloads are done, and yes i will be deleteing 50% of them as i have them in backup drives anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines