• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic cc 8.0 export preset

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I updated my lightroom classic cc to 8.0, created a new preset afterwards, and I can't find it within the others saved to my MacBook. It's missing. And I can't find how to export it either. I need to find a way to export it and get it to my editor ASAP.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the location of a particular preset by right-clicking it in the Develop Presets panel and doing Show In Finder / Explorer.

You can also find the folder containing Develop presets by doing Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this particular preset AFTER updating to 8.0. The presets I created before are there, but my new one is not!!

{sent from Di's iPhone}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try right-clicking it and doing Show In Finder / Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It only showed XMP files.

{sent from Di's iPhone}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to EXPORT Presets?  (Not Develop Presets)

You can also Right-Click on an Export Preset in the Export dialog to Find in Explorer/Finder.

Or 'drill down' from Preferences dialog and your folders-

Export Presets can be found via the Lr Preferences/Presets tab dialog-

ScreenShot496.jpg

ScreenShot497.jpg

ScreenShot498.jpg

ScreenShot499.jpg

eg.  C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Presets

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I mean develop presets. I had never used a B&W preset until after I updated to 8.0 and created one. I’ll go to find on my MacBook and enter in preset and all 8 or so of my others pop up, but my new one does not. And actually an old one that I deleted within the Lightroom preset panel is there, but my new one is not.

I also have clicked on Lightroom in the very top left menu by the apple, clicked on preferences, then selected presets (2nd to the left), then clicked on Show Lightroom Develop Presets. It gets me to the same folder I find in a search. My old one is still there. The new one is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you try right-clicking the preset in the Presets panel and doing Show In Finder / Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It only shows XMP files when I do that.

{sent from Di's iPhone}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only shows XMP files when I do that.

In LR 7.3, Adobe changed the format of develop presets from .lrtemplate to .xmp. So presets created in later versions will all end in .xmp.

There is no straightforward way to convert a preset in the new .xmp format to the old .lrtemplate format for use in older versions of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful. Good to know. Thank you.

I’m wondering now why my new preset is not showing up at all, but all my old ones from a previous version are showing up as XMP’s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop presets. I created a new B&W one after updating to 8.0. I can find my other previous presets saved out of Lightroom, but I can’t find my new one.

{sent from Di's iPhone}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, remember in the presets panel, click on the + symbol, select manage, and see if the preset is simply not selected to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. Yes, it’s filed under user presets and user presets is check marked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, have you tried importing the old preset?, in preset panel, +, import (not at a pc, so thus on foggy memory, probably another step in that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. I don’t have an old one I need to import. I can see all of my old stuff in LR and in the presets folder out of LR. It’s just the new one I actually created in 8.0 that I can’t see OUT of LR. I need to send it to my editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what exactly do you see when you right-click the desired preset in LR's preset panel and do Show In Finder / Explorer?  Normally, people will see Finder or Explorer open, with the preset's .xmp file selected.

Rather than use words, please post screen shots of:

1. The complete LR window right before you right-click the preset in the Presets panel.

2. The complete Finder or Explorer window right after clicking Show In Finder / Explorer.

If you're not sure how to capture a screenshot, see this help article: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/help/createscreenshot/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines