• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Problem

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I feel like something has changed in import recently.  I am trying to copy images from my SD card to my external HD.  I am organizing by date.  Normally it would drop them into the folder on my external HD with the capture date, but now it creates 2 folders, one the year, and then a sub folder with the capture date.  I don’t want the year folder - I’ve already created that one on my external HD.  I just want the capture date.  Please see screenshots.  Anyone know how to make the extra 2018 folder go away?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Hi brearob,

According to the screen shot you provides, you are using the "yyyy/mm-dd" template for the organize by date method.  when you organize by date, LR creates and manages folders based on the selected template starting with whichever folder you pick further down in the destination section.  In your case the "yyyy/mm-dd" template is designed to create a Year folder under whatever folder you selected and within that folder it will create a Month-Day folder for the images based on capture da

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 5.45.33 PM (2).png

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 5.43.11 PM (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brearob,

According to the screen shot you provides, you are using the "yyyy/mm-dd" template for the organize by date method.  when you organize by date, LR creates and manages folders based on the selected template starting with whichever folder you pick further down in the destination section.  In your case the "yyyy/mm-dd" template is designed to create a Year folder under whatever folder you selected and within that folder it will create a Month-Day folder for the images based on capture date.  You selected 2018 as the destination folder so LR wants to create another 2018 folder inside of your existing 2018 folder. 

To prevent this, instead of selecting "2018" on your 4TB drive as the destination, select the 4 TB Drive itself.  As you already have a 2018 folder there it will just create the month-day folder(s) as needed under the existing year folder (presumably 2018) or if there is not currently a year folder (i.e your first import next year) it will create the year folder for you.

Hope that helps.-- Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, thank you Dan!  Now I see that I just had accidentally clicked on the wrong date option in the drop down menu.    ‍:female_sign:  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines