• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidating Fonts

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My larger documents are consolidating fonts quite regularly, which consumes a great deal of time when I can't work on my document. How do I get the fonts to stay consolidated, so to speak.

OS X.14.1 Acrobat XI (11.0.23)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Hi Steve Gartside,

Have you tried the suggestions given in the threads mentioned above? Also,  try saving the file using the Save As, and check if that helps.

Refer to the steps given in the  following help document for the same:

Saving PDFs in Adobe Acrobat and Reader

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's 'Consolidating Duplicate Fonts'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

As per the issue description mentioned above,  you are receiving consolidating duplicate fonts' message in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you confirm if you are trying to insert pdf pages to an existing pdf in Acrobat?

Or trying to combine multiple pdf files into a single pdf file in Acrobat?

Does this happen with a specific pdf file? Have you tried with another pdf file? 

You may also try the suggestions given in the following forums thread discussing the similar issue:

Can I change option for Consolidating Duplicate Fonts?

"consolidating duplicate fonts" (Edit PDF)

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/general-acrobat-topics/consolidating-duplicate-fonts-0/

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, it's a busy time here at the moment.

Yes, this occurs when inserting pages into a document, however, I'm not convinced I'm seeing what I'd expect to see.

When I open the document and add a page it takes around 2 to 3 minutes to consolidate fonts, this then doesn't happen if I add a 2nd page or more fairly soon after adding the first, but after 10 to 15 minutes or more so it goes through the whole consolidation process again when I add a subsequent page.

It's kinda like the consolidation takes place in memory and is lost when the document is either closed or the memory is reclaimed for another task. I'd sort of expected it to consolidate fonts and remember what it had done so the next time it only needs to consolidate fonts on the new pages I'm adding.

When I look at properties > fonts, I was expecting to see one instance of each fonts, but there are hundreds if not thousands in the list and many appear to duplicate.

DP.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve Gartside,

Have you tried the suggestions given in the threads mentioned above? Also,  try saving the file using the Save As, and check if that helps.

Refer to the steps given in the  following help document for the same:

Saving PDFs in Adobe Acrobat and Reader

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I also have the same problem, an incredible amount of duplicate and partial fonts in the same pdf file.
I've tried all the solutions above but none of them work.

Can you help me?

The pdf is 1400 pages long. Acrobat version: 19.21.20061.361316

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there is no further response.  I have a 3000 pg document that I was editing and saving in very short order.  Saves were taking around 30 seconds.  I then decided to try consolidatinng duplicates fonts (check-box in Save-As dialogue) to see how the resulting file would change. 

After about a 10 minute save it dropped a couple MB in size, which would be great, but now it wants to consolidate fonts on every save, even though the document shows that all fonts are already embedded in subsets. This includes Save-As with checkbox for consolidating, unchecked.

Furthermore, Acrobat Pro DC now wants to consolidate all PDF files, regardless of how I save them.  I cannot reverse whatever happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same problem, and NOTHING works.  It is utter BS for an app that is supposed to save time and that I'm paying for.  How do you fix it from having literally thousands of "consolidated" fonts???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines