Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2019 Won't Open - "Too many levels of symbolic links"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

In a major bind trying to finish an edit and ever since I installed Digital Anarchy's Deflicker, Premiere won't open and throws the error in the screen capture posted below.  I uninstalled Digital Anarchy to no avail.  I also uninstalled the entire creative suite and reinstalled and still getting the same error.  I'm assuming there is a cache or some setting syncing with my old settings when I reinstall.

Anybody know how I can resolve this or know how I can completely remove all Adobe settings, presets, etc off my computer for a brand new fresh install?

Edit: Also when I follow the path below to see the files in question, there is no plug-ins folder in Common.

Any and all help appreciated, Thank you.Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 5.49.30 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Not exactly, but I appreciate the response.

Sorry i Forgot to come back and update, but after trying nearly everything I finally found buried in a cached folder an old version of flicker free installed for an older version of premiere (2016).  inside that folder was a broken uninstall file and a broken 32bit file and once deleted premiere started back up with no issue.

Hope this helps anyone with the same troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to uninstall the plugin and make sure it's removed from Premiere 2018 preferences, then reinstall Premiere 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey RunGun!

Were you able to get back to work with BikeVeloce's suggestion?

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly, but I appreciate the response.

Sorry i Forgot to come back and update, but after trying nearly everything I finally found buried in a cached folder an old version of flicker free installed for an older version of premiere (2016).  inside that folder was a broken uninstall file and a broken 32bit file and once deleted premiere started back up with no issue.

Hope this helps anyone with the same troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was curious where you found this folder? I'm in a similar bind right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope this helps!Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 8.27.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So incredibly helpful thank you!!!! I was almost in tears I was so frustrated today and this was the ticket!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much and appreciate this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO MUCH for this very helpful information. Honestly made my day and saved me a mini breakdown : )

Cheers sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for finding this hack. Worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution...     Vestiges of old installs can create problems and it's not always easy to find them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @rungun88! This same thing worked for BeautyBox. NOT a cheap plugin and after a traumatic recovery from Time Machine finding it not working was killing my spirit. Your fix worked a trick! Sending love from Indonesia. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines