Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom map module not working

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

like many others I have problems for quite some time with the Lightroom 6 map-module: When moving, or zooming the map. 1-2sec "map is offline" is shown.

That's why I now updated to the latest version LR6.14 in which this bug should definitely be fixed.

But now with LR6.14 the map isn't shown at all. So instead of the map I just see a black area where the map should be. If I try to search for a city or click on a gps-tagged photo, the map seems to jump to that point (as the location is shown top left), but the map-screen remains black.

Of course I restarted, the system (win10, latest updates V1709 build16299.125), restarted lightroom, removed or changed the cataloge, re-installed Lightroom:

I found out that up to LR6.7 the map module is working, in the later versions (6.8-6.14) the map is not working (showing a black area where the map should be).

Does anyone have the same problem, or even better, knows a solution for that problem?

Many Thanks,

Mario

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Hi Mario,

We have not been reported of similar issues since the Lightroom 6.14 release. Google has changed the API of Maps of which the "Map module" is dependable of. We'll have to check whether there is an change made recently or not.

I'd recommend you to post the issue here: Lightroom 6.13 Map Module Is Black | Photoshop Family Customer Community so thar our Engineers can also look into this.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

We have not been reported of similar issues since the Lightroom 6.14 release. Google has changed the API of Maps of which the "Map module" is dependable of. We'll have to check whether there is an change made recently or not.

I'd recommend you to post the issue here: Lightroom 6.13 Map Module Is Black | Photoshop Family Customer Community so thar our Engineers can also look into this.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the exact same problem on my mom's Laptop. It got two graphics cards as well. When Lightroom 6.14 starts on the nvidia card, the map is not show. When I force it to the Intel card, as Mario described, the map is shown.

The problem started either with Lightroom 6.14 or with the latest major Windows update.

Please check.

Thanks,

Karsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading the other thread, I could solve the problem by updating the nvidia GPU driver.

BR,

Karsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

the post you mentioned solved the problem: I started lightroom 6.14 via the context menue, "open with grafics adapter>Internal grafics". Now the map-module worked perfectly (disadvantage is that I cannot use the geforce grafics acceleration...).

Before I have already tried to disable my geforce 555M grafics card in lightroom (settings>performance) but this didn'nt help.

Many Thanks,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with 6.14 after updating the latest nvidia drivers looks a roll back maybe in order. mmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Map module in versions prior to LR 8 will no longer work due to a change to Google Maps by Google. See this post for more details: Lightroom map module not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, here’s the correct link: Re: Kartenmodul - Maps - Hoppla, ein Fehler ist aufgetreten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines