Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dvaaudiofilterscan?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I just did a fresh install of OSX Mojave. Then I installed Premiere CC. On my dock I now have an icon for a plug-in scan. If I hover over it, dvaaudiofilterscan pops up. I searched to find out what this is and got no concise answer. In fact, there was some indication this is malware from Adobe. Can anybody explain what this is and whether it is a concern? Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Adobe has a new update that came out a few days ago. That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave is just out of the box. So little to none user experience .

Best is to wait a while before installing a new OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dvaaudiofilterscan is part of the plug-in loading when Premiere Pro launches, AFAIK. Why it is showing up in the dock in Mojave, I'm not sure. I have forwarded this on to the team for investigation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the dvaaudiofilterscan app, with a green icon including the text "PLUG-IN SCAN" in the dock on my brand new iMac Pro that I configured from scratch (no Time Machine or other carryovers) and had just installed Premiere Pro CC 2019.

At the suggestion of JuanDC23, I uninstalled Premiere Pro, then reinstalled it, but the dvaaudiofilterscan app is still in my dock.

Thank you for insights and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me i just reinstalled Preimiere pro all my stettings lost yet agin back to training mode  (extra space required) and the dvaaudiofilterscan stuck in the dock untill forced to quit ?

I would like to know what it does and if i have a choice to remove it audio scan doesnt sound good to me whats Its Job? time to move to davinchi resolve perhaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem and so far, unistalling & installing didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening with me and when it is clicked it just bounces non stop in the dock until you force quit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premiere pro 2021, This can tab is in my lower bar and I don't know how it got there; do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I have found that you need to check accessibility and moreover select apps so that they have accessibility to all the other services.

I have also noticed that you might not see your project lists on the startup screen and might get a "Finder" accessibility error. So, here are the steps that you can try and quit and restart the application.

Apple Icon > System Preferences > Security and Privacy>Check Accessibility under privacy tab.

If the process is not available or available but unchecked then add process or check the existing process to allow accessibility control.

Allow accessibility apps to access your Mac

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

I did what you suggested and added Premiere and the other CC apps that I use (or that would scan for audio) and still, the icon sits in the toolbar.

Macbook Pro 2018, Mojave, CC 2019 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Couple of things I need to know here.

1. Is it stuck while scanning the audio plugins?

2. Have you tried force quitting it and application crashes?

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

I also have the same problem as Bill. I force quit it and it goes away till I shut down my laptop, and turn it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem but don't know which app to give permits.

MS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vinay Dwivedi

The link you posted no longer exist. Having major problems with Premiere all of a sudden? Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.39.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have same issue as Bill and James re Mojave and the davaaudiofilterscan icon on my dock.  At least: I think I do. But the app isn't running.  Not sure its causing any harm just yet.  But as to Vinay's post of 092618 -it doesn't make sense to me.  Fow what its worth: MacBook Pro is running better with Mojave in other respects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misspoke... dvaaudiofilterscan is not allowing my MacBook Pro to quit.  Right-clicking it in the dock and selecting "quit" also does not quit the program.  Nor can I access the Force Quit functionality of the OS (no surprise there) unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same issue. There is no “force quit” or  “remove from dock” option. I had to use Option+Command+Escape to get to force quit. I couldn’t reboot my machine without a force quit. As soon as I rebooted it was back up and in the dock again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem and i did what you suggested and it worked thank's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem, has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a new update that came out a few days ago. That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro CC version 13.0.1 (Build 13) is what I updated to. No more problems after update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistalled all my adobe apps then reinstalled them and everything seems to be working fine now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

did you lose any file while reinstalling the creative cloud apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines