Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC2019 No video playback, weird crashes since 13.0.1 update

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been working with the CC2019 13.0.0 version of premiere succesfully since its release. I'm on an iMac with HighSierra 10.13.6 installed.

Last week I updated to the 13.0.1 version and encountered severe problems:

Problem description:

I immediatly noticed that I couldn't get any video playback in any of my existing projects, nor in newly created ones.

The Project preview window stays either black, or grey, I get no audio playback either. In converted projects the source window also isn't showing anything,

in newly created projects it's working as usual.

When placing an object in a newly created project's timeline, I get the following error:

A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe-Bereiche (Transmit::CreateInstance)

Also Premiere is crashing everytime when I try to quit and I have to hardquit it.

Attempted fixes:

I've tried resetting preferences, changing software acceleration and also reinstalled Premiere CC2019. Rightnow I downgraded back to version 13.0.0 but that doesn't change anything. My older version of CC2018 is still working (luckily). I can't reinstall the whole CC rightnow due to time issues and projects that need to be finished.

I'm using a clean Premiere Install without any plugins or third party software.

I tried googling the above symptoms and it looks like the Transmit tool is connected to third party software, which I don't have any installed though.

It also seems like nobody else has this exact problem according to my research.

Maybe someone here can help me out. If you need any additional information, I'll provide it.

Best Wishes

Lennard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Delete the file :Mac - Document - Adobe - Premiere Pro - 13.0

And then, restart Pr 2019, and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lennard,

Sorry about your issue. I appreciate that you have already tried to fix it. I understand you are not getting any playback in Adobe Premiere Pro. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Try cleaning media cache. FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?
  2. Please check if the Composite Video view is selected for the Program monitor.
  3. Please check if the correct audio hardware is selected under Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Output

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

thank you for the answer. I looked into all of your suggestions but they don't seem to work.

I noticed two additional things:

- The video and audio playback in the source monitor only works before I create a sequence with the imported footage.

As soon as I do that, the frame freezes and scrubbing isn't working anymore.

- Premiere also crashes when I close all projects over the file tab.

Maybe that helps.

Best wishes

Lennard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have all the same symptoms and an International documentary is at not deliverable right now.  This version is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't trash our preferences and media cache every second crash, 6 times a day..... this is really bad now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so there are no more suggestions on what I should try out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is still no update at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'll just keep asking weekly if there are any new updates on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the file :Mac - Document - Adobe - Premiere Pro - 13.0

And then, restart Pr 2019, and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked out! Thanks alot. It seems like the documents folder didn't get deleted during the uninstall. That's why I never bothered to actually delete it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a file of that name. Any further information? because we are still resetting user settings 3-4 times a day just to open after crashes, which are a plenty...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the whole folder full of files as opposed to a file. See how we travel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!! This worked well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried: Files> Project Settings> General > Change the renderer and also mess about with the audio section as well.

Had a similar issue where I had no video output and switching from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Accelerated (CUDA) to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just discovered this same problem after trying to clear out my cache. Deleted the 13.0 folder and it's all working again now, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines