Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filled form data not showing correctly

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We create documents using Adobe Acrobat DC that other employees have to fill in and return.

Once the document is completed, it is then reviewed by senior management, however, if they use Microsoft edge (or any other browser) to review, the document appears fine, but if they use Adobe Acrobat (or any other variation of Adobe including reader), the drop down fields are not displaying the correct information.

We do not have any Apple devices (I have already researched this particular issue !), so it is not apple preview that is causing this issue.

Below is the completed form that is NOT showing the correct data in the drop down boxes using Adobe Acrobat DC:

ADOBE1.png

And Below is Microsoft Edge showing the correct information:

ADOBE2EDGE.png

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge does not use Acrobat Reader (and cannot be configured to do so), and like every PDF viewer (Preview, Chrome, etc. etc.) is going to have its own set of bugs and quirks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On reflection, you say Edge is fine and Reader is not. Has it ever been OK (that is, is this a recent problem from an update to Reader)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am the IT coordinator for my company, and as such, I control all updates, and push out manually. There have been no changes to either Adobe Reader OR Acrobat DC.

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time this issue has been reported to IT.

The only thing that has changed is a recent site-wide Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, however we only have 2 PC's that are affected by the above problem, so I am unsure if it's an OS issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you use the exact same PDF for testing, do you see this problem (bad display) in Reader and/or Acrobat on every system or only certain ones?

2. What exact version of Reader or Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every system is build in the same way - All have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.007.20033 .

In addition, we have 13 Desktops with Adobe Acrobat XI Standard 11.0.00. There are no different version numbers.

I have tested this on several different desktops, and the document works fine in Edge, but not when I use either Adobe Reader or Acrobat Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, have you tried on any PC outside this configuration with a recent version of either Reader or Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am fairly sure that this is caused by the use of Edge browser, not Reader or Acrobat. I have noticed the same issue. Notice it affects the dropdown boxes but not the text boxes. Opening these forms with Google Chrome then printing to PDF preserved the dropdown entries, although it flattens the PDF to an image which is no longer interactive. If other browsers are used to fill in the form, Edge may not display the full content. Chrome seems to display everything (I have added a PDF extension, perhaps that helped) but I can't download a copy, I have to print an image instead. Best solution I have found and advised my users is to download the original form, fill it in with Reader and attach it to an email if possible. Incidentally Preview now requires PDF form users to download a copy with a changed name, presumably in response to the Apple related issues you referred to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines