• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC (2019) Update

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update an old version Adobe Reader DC (2015.007.20033) to the last version.  I have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader DC (AcroRdrDC1900820081_en_US) extracted the files and created a mst file using the Custom wizard(CustWiz1900820071_en_US_DC.exe).  I am trying to run the msi file using a mst file.  The installation runs but but does not upgrade to the 1900820081.msp file which is included in the package.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Hi Andrew,

This is possible to suppress the flash screen, but that is with the help of registry change: Please help me to suppress the following Popup which states "Start tour" on the first launch of Adobe acrobat Reader DC …  if you can call the registry change during the installation of the update you are good.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you just use the latest MSP directly rather than trying to slipstream it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I run the installation using the MSP can I use the MST file to keep the settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An MSP shouldn't alter the settings if it is already installed, it seems to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader is my default pdf application (Windows 10). I updated my adobe Reader 2015 with running just the msp file.  Adobe updates but when I open up a file for the first time I am asked if I want to set Adobe to be the default PDF Reader and I get the welcome splash screen.  Is there anything I can do to have the msp keep Adobe Reader as the default and suppress the welcome screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew,

This is possible to suppress the flash screen, but that is with the help of registry change: Please help me to suppress the following Popup which states "Start tour" on the first launch of Adob...  if you can call the registry change during the installation of the update you are good.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines