• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom crashes seconds after startup

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within about 10 after I start Lightroom Classic it hangs followed by a Lightroom crash report window.  I just downloaded the trial version yesterday and it worked fine (release 8.0,  camera raw 11.0).  Today it crashes seconds after starting up ("EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION").  I have uninstalled the program without saving preferences & deleted the lightroom folders that were created in my Pictures folder but upon reinstalling Lightroom it still crashes.  I also tried updating my graphics card driver and turning off "Use Graphics Processor" under preferences because I read elsewhere to try that as well.  Still no joy.  Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, call Adobe.

If Windows,

Following has risks, might take a good two to four hours

Second off, perhaps try removing Lightroom again, but this time more aggressively, more complete

Mind you have copies of the files (perhaps to an external drive) under

Program Files\Adobe

Program Files\Common\Adobe

Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Program Data\Adobe

and your user folder, the Roaming files (the Adobe folder)

and your catalog

Yes, use the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application to uninstall Lightroom,

then use your Windows (if MS) APP & Features (Ok, assuming Win 10) to remove any leftover old LR that lingers, and the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

Then run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Consider running a registry maintanace/repair tool

Then reboot,

re-install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

And reinstall LR.

Note that after all that, you will be looking at copying or importing presets from your copies, and reinstalling plug-ins. etc.

If you are really adventurous,you could remove all the Adobe products, get rid of the Adobe file folders other than your catalog, And re-install everything, not just Lightroom, as more and more components and file locations are being shared in the Adobe CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David I will give your suggestions a try,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I placed last posting in wrong place. Useful info however. Just not relatd to issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the identical issue after upgrading.  The only reason I upgraded was so I could import at catalog that was created with a newer version on my laptop.  Did the above suggestions work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines