Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent idea, if you ask me. Here's a snip from my start menu, not exactly spectacular design. What's that Control Panel icon? A radio from 1972?

start.png

(and then hopefully Eizo can hire a design team as well. It's supposed to be a butterfly, believe it or not - but then, their whole business model is ugly design )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

(and then hopefully Eizo can hire a design team as well. It's supposed to be a butterfly, believe it or not - but then, their whole business model is ugly design )

Color Navigator 6?  Before reading your last sentence I was thinking to myself 'Fancy Dag having an app with that name at the top of his Start Menu.      I quite like the new Office icons, but I've not seen the new Windows 10 icons in enough detail to have an opinion.

Image result for Microsoft Corporation

It's a funny thing.  We get so excited about our Adobe app updates, but Office 365, that costs me as much as I'd pay for Photoshop if I didn't have the orange badge, never gets a second thought.  I bet there are all sorts of cool features I am missing out on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like 'em, out with old in with the new. Yippee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More or less continuing the MS theme, I see they are not exactly retiring Edge, but turning into Chrome with a sort of Edge skin.  That's gotta hurt.  I love the way Tom's Guide start their article:

'To the 7 people who use Microsoft Edge exclusively...'

I hated edge from the get go, and used Firefox for a while, but I've used Chrome for ages now.

Microsoft Guts Edge, Adds Chromium to Save Failing Browser

There's an interesting link to a bunch of Chrome extensions, some of which I had not heard of. 

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/283-best-google-chrome-extensions.html

Of the 41 listed, I think I might try Wikiwand and Better History, but there must be extensions focused with content creators in mind.  Having said that, I used to use and like Open with Photoshop, but I've not been able to make it work for ages now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fantastic news if it also means Edge gets proper color management (as Chrome and Firefox both have). As it is, Edge is completely shut off from the entire wide gamut display market - and not very good on a standard one either.

Microsoft proved that they could do color management with the best of them with the Windows 7 Photo Viewer, but then for some reason they just dropped the ball.

I have to say one thing about Edge: it's actually pretty fast, and it beats Firefox hands down. That doesn't matter now that I have ultra fast fibre-optic internet, but it's noticeable on a slow connection.

OTOH, I never could get Edge to stop trying to make a telephone number out of every number sequence it came over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines