• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Colour

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several pieces of artwork which are all in original black.  I was shown how to change the colour by a close friend but he has sadly passed away.

I vaguely remember it's done with the layers, where one of them is the new colour desired.

Would someone please tell me how to do this.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018
  1. Open the border file
  2. Duplicate the background layer and shut off its visibility by clicking its eye icon in the layers palette. Work on background copy layer
  3. Go to Enhance menu>Brightness/contrast and increase contrast to maximum and decrease brightness.
  4. Set foreground color chip to green with the color picker
  5. Activate the Magic wand tool, and on the tool's option bar uncheck "Contiguous" and set tolerance=15
  6. Left click on the central white area and hit delete on the keyboard
  7. Open a Color fill adjustm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

I have several pieces of artwork which are all in original black.  I was shown how to change the colour by a close friend but he has sadly passed away.

I vaguely remember it's done with the layers, where one of them is the new colour desired.

Would someone please tell me how to do this.

Many thanks.

It would help if you post one of the b/w photos so that we may provide appropriate directions. You can  do that via the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the reply box here on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s the example of Black Artwork that I want to change to a colour (on this occasion I want a Christmassy Green).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

Here’s the example of Black Artwork that I want to change to a colour (on this occasion I want a Christmassy Green).

Where is the picture? DId you do "Insert Image"?

insert image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is again (jpeg) do you need another format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still don't have it.

Another method to put it in a forum reply is to open the picture in PSE, select it, copy it the clipboard, and paste into the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that you can not insert an image via an e-mail reply and have it show up here.. Use the process delineated above via the forum page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is in Photoshop Elements I hope I’ve got it right this time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

Here it is in Photoshop Elements I hope I’ve got it right this time!

Nothing shows up.

Perhaps someone can help you to post here.

We look forward to your progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to the "Insert Image" method you should first get this:

sshot-1.jpg

Click Browse to navigate to your picture where you double-click it (or click Open button).

This places the file name next to the Browse button. Then click Insert Image.

sshot-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The methods described above should have worked. Did you get any error message?

Alternatively you can upload your file to one of the many file-sharing services.

One of these is sendspace. It is free for a simple upload and you don't have to set up an account.

https://www.sendspace.com/

This initially comes up:

After you have selected your file this comes up:

Click Upload which brings up this:

Click Copy Link, and paste the link into your next forum reply.

Readers of this forum can then download your picture to to their PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry everyone, I’m just so confused by all the suggestions you’ve Kindly sent, I’ll have to give up on this. (I don’t get an error message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to invoke a third party file sharing service in order to display a picture on the forum.

Try this:

1. Place the b/w image in a folder on your desktop
  2. Click on the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the reply box (it is the 7th one from the left)
  3. In the dialog that comes up click on "Choose File"
  4. Navigate to the b/w image on the desktop, left click on the image, and left click on "Open"
  5. In the dialog that is open click on "Insert Image" (lower right locus)
  6. That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this right (the actual A/W is inside the folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

Is this right (the actual A/W is inside the folder).

You can place the picture file on the desktop if that is easier for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously described the "Inert Image" method, and also the copy/paste method, but apparently trevsy couldn't get either to work.

That is why I suggested the fille-sharing, so that we can at least see the picture and make suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting desperate to do this conversion.   At last I've found how to get the image to you.  Please try and tell me how to do the conversion to a colour.

border.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting desperate to do this conversion.   At last I've found how to get the image to you.  Please try and tell me how to do the conversion to a colour.  (I've also sent it to hatstead).

border.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the border file
  2. Duplicate the background layer and shut off its visibility by clicking its eye icon in the layers palette. Work on background copy layer
  3. Go to Enhance menu>Brightness/contrast and increase contrast to maximum and decrease brightness.
  4. Set foreground color chip to green with the color picker
  5. Activate the Magic wand tool, and on the tool's option bar uncheck "Contiguous" and set tolerance=15
  6. Left click on the central white area and hit delete on the keyboard
  7. Open a Color fill adjustment layer above the background copy layer and group the two layers (Press CTRL+G)

border_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to come back with more problems.  I've tried what you say but, because I'm on PSE 8 ( I know it's very old) but I can't find the various tools/actions.  Can you help me using my PSE 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directions are for PSEv.8.

Where is the problem? Please be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it sounds good, so if you can tell me where to look for those last tools - OK, yes, I’m really stupid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevsy  wrote

Thanks it sounds good, so if you can tell me where to look for those last tools - OK, yes, I’m really stupid!

The Magic Wand tool is fourth from the top in the left column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem (for me) is that I don’t know where the PSE items are for the final conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines