• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MXF file format problems with new version of Win and Premiere

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new PC with Win 10 and Premiere 13.01. I am trying to work on a project that I started on my older PC which was Win 7 and Premiere 12.12.

The project used footage in MXF format and when the project is brought into P13.01 it is totally messed up. Every edit point has been shifted by some random amount, sometimes it's a few frames other times it's several seconds. When I check the clip's source footage I can see that the media start point is shifted by the same amount.

I've seen other posts about MXF issues but nothing like what I'm experiencing. Any ideas about what's wrong and more importantly how I can fix it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MXF as in Sony or Canon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Sony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue with my .MXF based footage shifting, though mine is happening when I bring it from a Mac to a PC. This has happened multiple times to me.

The .MTS footage I'm working with is from Canon C300 Mk II camera.

I imported all the footage via the Media Browser, created multi-cam sequences and started an edit on my MacBook Pro (2018) with High Sierra (V. 10.13.6) using Premiere 13.0 I then brought the same project onto my up to date PC with Windows 10 and also Premiere 13.03 and all the footage is shifted. It's like it's reading different timecodes.

If I save the project and bring it back onto my Mac, the project is also all messed up on the Mac end and I have to go back to a previously saved project. Anyone know what's going on and how to prevent this shift? Is there a codec we're missing for PC? Is this a Premiere version 13 problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I just found the solution! Adobe was aware of this issue and has apparently solved it with an updated to Premiere 13.0.3. Hope that works! More info here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10986508#10986508

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines