• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my document suddenly show all Arial Black fonts as Wingdings Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been doing editing in a 150 page document. All was fine, then the file said non-responsive, and then all headings with Arial Black font turned into something like Wingdings. Anyone know what to do?  Here's a sample. The red font is supposed to be Arial Black, 17, RED, all caps.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

PDF is primarily a final form file format and Acrobat primarily software used for managing such files, including minor text edits.

Acrobat and the underlying PDF file format were never designed for use as a word processing or document layout program or format.

Creating a 150 page text document “in Acrobat” is akin to trying to build a building using screwdrivers as your only tool.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to be editing the original document. Editing in Acrobat is a desperate last resort for fixing typos, not a viable way of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF IS the original document. No other source files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is primarily a final form file format and Acrobat primarily software used for managing such files, including minor text edits.

Acrobat and the underlying PDF file format were never designed for use as a word processing or document layout program or format.

Creating a 150 page text document “in Acrobat” is akin to trying to build a building using screwdrivers as your only tool.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before. It is the ONLY source file and I’m not creating it, I’m editing it.

Tommy Green

Senior Technical Writer

Aesbus Knowledge Solutions

Phone # [removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend you get it out into Word as quickly as possible and see if it lets you fix the damage.

Then keep editing the Word document. At any time you want a PDF you can make one in seconds. That's how we expected people to be using Acrobat, but I feel Adobe marketing do rather overstate its abilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines