• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom wont open Nikon z6 nef files

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the nikon z6 camera .  When I try yo import from the camera, lightroom wont allow me to import or preview NEF files.  What do I do?  It says my programs are up to date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Adobe has not yet released an update to Lightroom to support the Z6.

Until they do, you'll have to download the free DNG converter version 11.1 (Beta) which includes Z6 support.

Convert all Raw files to DNG format then import the DNG files into Lightroom.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Win: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.1 (Beta)

Mac: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.1 (Beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not yet released an update to Lightroom to support the Z6.

Until they do, you'll have to download the free DNG converter version 11.1 (Beta) which includes Z6 support.

Convert all Raw files to DNG format then import the DNG files into Lightroom.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Win: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.1 (Beta)

Mac: Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.1 (Beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom CC 2.1 & Lightroom Classic CC 8.1.

This update includes the support for Nikon Z6 camera.

Here's the list of what's new in this release:

Lightroom CC 2.1: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom CC

Lightroom Classic CC 8.1: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  I just purchased the Nikon Z6 this past week (Dec 2019) and am not able to load the images to Lightroom as the user had mentioned above (.NEF files).  I am using the Sony XQD/SD Card Reader (XCII).  I have also tried to load via the USB cable the camera came with.  I am able to save the files to my computer directly.  However, Lightroom will not read the files or load into Lightroom....

I have Lightroom CC and it is up to date along with Photoshop / Camera Raw, etc.  It looks like this article was over 1 year ago so I am confused as to why this isn't working for me at this time.

In the meantime I have downloaded the respective Camera Raw DNG converter as a placeholder until I can figure out what is going on.  That is the only way I have been able to get them into Lightroom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just purchased the Z6 too(Dec 6TH 2019) and have 

the latest Lightroom CC and still is not supporting the RAW files

from the Z6 camera.

Only thing that you can do is convert the files on the FREE 

Adobe DNG converter and then import them from the destination 

folder directly into Lightroom and it will work that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines