• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player initiating repeated updates

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1. From System Preferences it shows I'm running Adobe plug-ins

NPAPI Plug-in version 31.0.0.153

PPAPI Plug-in version 31.0.0.122

I have run the latest Adobe update request but keep getting the same request over and over.  I have restarted the browser and restarted the computer.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Is there any way for me to get it to stop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

We've recently identified a bug with the update URL erroneously redirecting, depending on the default browser, on macOS 10.14, resulting in the incorrect plugin downloading.  This could be what you are experiencing.  For a work-around until the bug is fixed, see the 'correct response' at Re: No PPAPI Update for 31.0.0.148

To avoid the constant notifications, and have Flash Player update all plugin types on the system, silently in the background, within 24 hours of a new version being available,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've recently identified a bug with the update URL erroneously redirecting, depending on the default browser, on macOS 10.14, resulting in the incorrect plugin downloading.  This could be what you are experiencing.  For a work-around until the bug is fixed, see the 'correct response' at Re: No PPAPI Update for 31.0.0.148

To avoid the constant notifications, and have Flash Player update all plugin types on the system, silently in the background, within 24 hours of a new version being available, opt into Background Updates (update option = Allow Adobe to install updates).

Background Updates are the preferred method as they update all player types on the system within 24 hours, whereas Notification Update can take up to 7 days to notify the user that an update is available, and it only updates one player type at a time (the one that made the request).   Due to this, if there is more than one player type installed, the user experiences multiple Update Notifications.

This is the similar update behaviour that browser vendors like Chrome and Firefox use - they update silently in the background with no user intervention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maria__,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm glad to hear you are aware of the issue and are working on it.  I'll just switch from "Notify me" to "Never check" for the time being until things get sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue, but it was with the NPAPI plugin.

It kept prompting me because the download was unsuccessful. It would try to start download, but the progress bar would just stay at 0kb. No issues with PPAPI.

When I followed your directions it still did not work.

I switched to chrome and it was then successful. My initial download attempts were on Firefox (Quantum 64.0). The chrome browser that it worked on was Version 71.0.3578.98. I am on High Sierra 10.13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines