• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redacting in a PDF

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe PDF (not scanned) document, and I am trying to redact some information.  When I use the redaction select tool, it selects slightly below the tex (off-center), and then places a black mark on the document slightly lower than all other text, and even partially covers some text on the next line.  is there a way to adjust this, so that the redaction happens in the center of the text?

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

I have had the same issue myself. Instead of dragging through the text in the usual way, hold down the Control key and drag over the area that you want to redact. That will allow you to pinpoint just the right area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to the Acrobat General Troubleshooting forum since this really isn't a PDF workflow issue.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before marking for redaction, you can click Properties and choose a color. Probably No Color would work best in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a good suggestion - however, it does not solve my problem.  Now, portions of text are just missing with white, instead of black...  The redacted text should be the middle line of text - but since it doesn't line up correctly, it redacts most of the text in the line below also....

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you mark the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Redact Tool:

Capture.JPG

Then I select Text and Images

Capture1.JPG

Then I move the marker next to the text I want redacted, and click and drag over the text, and the red box appears (but not lined up with the text)

Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try it with other documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on all of them that I have tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a repair of the Acrobat installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, we have tried to redact from different PCs, with different users, and all have the same results - not lining up with the text.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue myself. Instead of dragging through the text in the usual way, hold down the Control key and drag over the area that you want to redact. That will allow you to pinpoint just the right area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great workaround - it does allow me to select just the right portion of text - now we just need to see a software update to fix the actual problem - but this definitely solved my problem in the mean time.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines