8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2018 1:07 PM by John T Smith

Trying to enter text

pageyprice Level 1

When trying to enter text I have an error message "something preventing the engine to open". Have reinstalled CS6 programme - still not working. Any solution please?

• 1. Re: Trying to enter text
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

This is really a question associated with one or more of the Creative Suite 6 applications, not Type & Typography. Moving to the general Creative Suite forum. You might then want to post in a particular application forum.

- Dov

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trying to enter text
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Exactly which version of the program do you have that is causing problems?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Trying to enter text
              Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which application are you using?

• 4. Re: Trying to enter text
                pageyprice Level 1

Forgive me for not giving the details ..

I am using Windows 10 with CS6 (64bit) Extended - part of Creative Suite 6 _ Design & Web Premium. Everything had been running correctly until a recently. I cannot recall any specific Microsoft Update for Win 10 in the last few weeks.. I have uninstalled the original software and reinstalled from an original disc. (As an aside I recently tried to run a downloaded .atn file and I had an error message that the CS6 software was the 'wrong'.)

• 5. Re: Trying to enter text

I presume you mean Photoshop.

Did you try Restore Preferences?

Preferences in Photoshop

• 6. Re: Trying to enter text
                    pageyprice Level 1

Thank you for your interest in my problem. It was picked up by the Adobe Team who admitted that Win 10 does adversely affect disc versions of  Photoshop CS6 - they ultimately offered to sell me a digital copy of my DVD (Design & Web Suite) CS6 disc version for $599 to resolve the problem. A fraction less than the original DVD! Their Customer Service needs addressing - why not publish the known  problem with Disc versions of CS6 running on Windows 10 and stop wasting so many people's time and effort.

A work around using Affinity SW at £50 seems a better bargain as one can photoshop an image, save it, and then if required use Affinity to add the type text! Interestingly the text engines in Illustrator, In Design, Fireworks  also do not work _ Dreamweaver appears to still run OK.

Thank you again.

• 7. Re: Trying to enter text

pageyprice  wrote

Thank you for your interest in my problem. It was picked up by the Adobe Team who admitted that Win 10 does adversely affect disc versions of  Photoshop CS6 - they ultimately offered to sell me a digital copy of my DVD (Design & Web Suite) CS6 disc version for $599 to resolve the problem.

I think you have been picked up by scam artists pretending to be Adobe.  Unless you see an authorized Adobe Staff Badge next to the person's forum name and avatar, they are NOT  Adobe employees.    Below is a screenshot of an official Adobe Staff person for comparison.

Adobe staff do not use Skype.  Adobe staff do not use sketchy e-mail addresses.  And Adobe staff would never offer to SELL  you Creative Suite.   If you want a digital copy of CS6, it's available online.  No additional purchase required.  Simply activate it with your current serial number.

CS5 Design & Web Premium

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

As far as I know, Creative Suite 6 still works  on Windows 10.   If you can't type in Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator, that tells me there's another problem on your system -- possibly a defective keyboard driver or damaged fonts for example.

• 8. Re: Trying to enter text
                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have it, post the Adobe ID of the "Adobe Team" person here so he/she may be reported for fraud