• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After downloading the latest Flash update on my Mac, the installer keeps quitting

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to download and install the latest Flash update for my MacBook Air, but after I click on the .dmg file to update Flash Player quits everytime (and Adobe Flash keeps sending popups to my computer trying to get me to upload several times a day.)

I am using a MacBook Air running OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.6 and I'm  trying to update Adobe Flash version 2.0.0.318s (the latest one listed on the Adobe website.) I've attached a screenshot of the error message it keeps giving me below.

Any suggestions?

Flash error message.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

The most recent version of Flash Player is 32.0.0.101, not 2.0.0.318s.  2.0.0.318s is the version of the shim installer (which then installs Flash Player silently in the background).

I'm not able to reproduce the behaviour your experiencing on my OS X 10.11.6 VM test machine, however, I'll forward your post to the team responsible for the shim installer.

In the mean time, try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent version of Flash Player is 32.0.0.101, not 2.0.0.318s.  2.0.0.318s is the version of the shim installer (which then installs Flash Player silently in the background).

I'm not able to reproduce the behaviour your experiencing on my OS X 10.11.6 VM test machine, however, I'll forward your post to the team responsible for the shim installer.

In the mean time, try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines