Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

After migrating From AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.4 Clientlib is not working in Publish

Level 4

Dear All,

I have migrated my AEM application from AEM 6.2 AEM 6.4.

In AEM 6.2 , my clientlibs was under the path /etc/designs , as shown below.

1640032_pastedImage_0.png

After migrating to AEM 6.4 , I have moved to the clientlibs under the apps/Sunita , as shown below.

1640048_pastedImage_2.png

After doing the necessary changes , my home page images are coming fine in AEM-6.4 author instance.

But it is not coming fine in AEM-6.4 publish instance. It is still calling etc.clientlibs , as shown below.

1640049_pastedImage_3.png

I am feeling I have missed something. But I am not able to figure out .

It will be really appreciated if Anybody can help me on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, you need to change references in CSS as well

e.g.

You can reference the image in CSS via /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

.insight-splash-v2 .arr-right {

background-image: url("/etc.clientlibs/SUNITA/clientlibs/global/resources/images/arrow-background.png");

display: block;

height: 30px;

width: 30px;

color: #fff;

}

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Try this, it worked for me. Images under /apps are worked only when there are under resources folder

Ex:

Image/Fonts: /apps/site/clientlibs/resources

CSS: /apps/site/clientlibs/css

Level 3

What category you are adding for clientlibs ?? How you are including your clientlibs ???

Please post more details

Community Advisor

In order for the client libraries under /apps to be accessible, a proxy servelt is used. The ACLs are still enforced on the client library folder, but the servlet allows for the content to be read via /etc.clientlibs/ if the allowProxy property is set to true.

A static resource can only be accessed via the proxy, if it resides below a resource below the client library folder.

As an example:

• You have a clientlib in /apps/myproject/clientlibs/foo
  • You have a static image in /apps/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

Then you set the allowProxy property on foo to true.

• You can then request /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo.js
  • You can then reference the image via /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have put the images in resources and still it is not coming fine.

and in my clientlibs /apps/SUNITA/clientlibs/global , I have created the below categories.

1640594_pastedImage_0.png

In my head.jsp , I have included below categories

<cq:includeClientLib categories="etc.sunita.global"/>

But still it is not calling to the images to the path SUNITA/clientlibs/global/css/images/arrow-background.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

Your image should be inside resources folder

SUNITA/clientlibs/global/resources/images/arrow-background.png

Arun Patidar

Level 4

So I have one doubt here. After putting the images under resources , do I need to change anything in my css file "or" there is no need to change anywhere ?

I have added below one in my css file.

background-image: url("images/arrow-background.png");

}

I believe to call the  resources/images/arrow-background.png is the later part but all the [pages still calling to the path  http://localhost:4503/etc.clientlibs/SUNITA/clientlibs/global/css/images/arrow-background.png

Level 3

Sunita,

As arun mentioned your images should be in resources folder.

Please try using ui include instead of cq. Ex:

<ui:includeClientLib categories="etc.sunita.global"/>

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, you need to change references in CSS as well

e.g.

You can reference the image in CSS via /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

background-image: url("/etc.clientlibs/SUNITA/clientlibs/global/resources/images/arrow-background.png");

}

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thanks Arun ,

Now it is working fine after , I changes all my images/ path to the below path.