Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter Vorgaben als xmp exportieren

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich möchte Filter Vorgaben exportieren und an andere Fotografen übermitteln. Mit der neuen Version von Lightroom scheint das leider nicht möglich zu sein. Gibt es ein Workaround?

Besten Dank an alle die mir helfen können!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which filter? A Graduated filter or a Radial filter can be saved as a preset (the Adjustment brush cannot), and a copy of that preset can be sent to your college.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regular filters. I've learned about a work around where you locate the filter presets in Camera RAW and can copy them from there, but that doesn't seem to work.

This is what the xmp file looks like:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-06 um 10.26.05 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't work, then maybe your college is using an older version of Lightroom. Versions before 7.3 use the old .lrtemplate format for presets.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which college?

I have an old version of Lightroom on my computer and a new version (Lightroom Classic CC). In the older basic Lightroom version I can can make copies of the presets in Lightroom > Developer Presets - however this isn't possible from Classic CC. I read that the workaround is to go to Camera RAW and copy them from there - however these are how the files look there .... and you certainly can't copy them anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andreah79683222  wrote

Which college?

I have an old version of Lightroom on my computer and a new version (Lightroom Classic CC). In the older basic Lightroom version I can can make copies of the presets in Lightroom > Developer Presets - however this isn't possible from Classic CC. I read that the workaround is to go to Camera RAW and copy them from there - however these are how the files look there .... and you certainly can't copy them anywhere.

What do you mean with "you can't copy them"? These are simple text files. You can copy any type of file. The only difference is that presets in Lightroom Classic are stored in a new location (Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw /).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help by the way and apologies for waiting until now to say so!

Yes I've read about that, but mine don't look like real files. See image:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-06 um 12.49.29.png

This isn't a proper file, it looks like a word doc with code. I'm missing something somehow, but this is all I can find in Camera RAW (library in Lightroom - the path you mentioned)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why you say this. This is a 'proper' file and it does look like a 'proper' file. What makes you think that it doesn't? Presets are text files that contain a kind of code (xml), so nothing you say is out of the ordinary. Please tell me step by step what you are trying to do and what happens.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Could you possibly tell me (step by step) how to import the xmp files into Lightroom? I fear I'm overthinking this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step 1: Start Lightroom

Step 2: Go to the Develop module

Step 3: Click on the plus icon at the top right of the Presets panel

Step 4: Choose 'Import Presets...'

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines