• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Lightroom preset (lightroom 7.3)

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so in the previous Lightroom update I could easily export my presets to a dropbox folder just by right clicking and hitting and export but with the new Lightroom 7.3 I'm not able to do such action. is there another way to export Lightroom preset to another folder, please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

You will need to use the Operating system (Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer) to copy and paste the Presets folder, until Adobe restore the 'Export' function to Presets.

(Method detail may be different if you store presets with the catalog!)

1. Open the Preferences dialog, Presets Tab, and click to show the Presets folder.

ScreenShot056.jpg

2. The {Lightroom} folder will be highlighted, Scroll up the folders in the window to the {CameraRaw} folder and open this folder-

ScreenShot057.jpg

3. The {Settings} folder in {CameraRaw} contain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to use the Operating system (Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer) to copy and paste the Presets folder, until Adobe restore the 'Export' function to Presets.

(Method detail may be different if you store presets with the catalog!)

1. Open the Preferences dialog, Presets Tab, and click to show the Presets folder.

ScreenShot056.jpg

2. The {Lightroom} folder will be highlighted, Scroll up the folders in the window to the {CameraRaw} folder and open this folder-

ScreenShot057.jpg

3. The {Settings} folder in {CameraRaw} contains the XMP Preset files. Copy this {Settings} folder to place in your Dropbox folder.

ScreenShot058.jpg

Hint:  In Windows, I have placed the {Settings} folder in my Quick Access panel of File Explorer for easy access to copy. But **Warning** do NOT rename the folder in the Quick Access panel as this will rename the folder making it  and all your Presets disappear from Lightroom!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! it worked! thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint:  In Windows, I have placed the {Settings} folder in my Quick Access panel of File Explorer

For anyone else trying to copy Presets with Windows- my quote, to be more accurate  should read-

Hint:  In Windows, I have ADDED a LINK to the {Settings} folder in my Quick Access panel of File Explorer

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now the presets are XMP-files? And they can be send to other people and imported to Lightroom as XMP-files and work like before? Sorry, I'm such a noob with this stuff 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camillamalm  wrote

So now the presets are XMP-files? And they can be send to other people and imported to Lightroom as XMP-files and work like before? Sorry, I'm such a noob with this stuff 🙂

Correct.

The Preset "Right-Click" option to Export presets is still not available in Classic v7.4, but you can still {Show in Explorer/Finder} and then Copy & Paste them to anywhere or anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why the "fix" stuff in upgrades that doesn't need fixing. It was so uncomplicated to just right click before... why change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why change it? Well the old presets were essentially Lua programs, so loading them meant running loads of little programs. For people with thousands and thousands it start to become an issue, so Adobe decided to change to the format that's been used by Camera Raw-the XMP preset. It wasn't done willy nilly, but at the same time, there's been some rather obvious teething problems with it.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the steps I need to follow if I want to convert my presets into something I can send via email so they can download the presets from email and export to lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to "convert" them to anything! They are what they are- XMP files.

Just locate them in the {Settings} folder and copy (and zip) to share anywhere, email or otherwise..

[You should be making backups also for your own purpose! ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I open that email attachment, I can directly use it to my mobile lightroom right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhh! "Lightroom mobile" -Now that is something new to the forum thread not mentioned before, and requires different answers.

So if I open that email attachment, I can directly use it to my mobile lightroom right?

No!.

But you can use Lightroom-CC (the 'new' Cloud based software) to enable a sync of sorts to get your presets available to 'LR Mobile' and LR-CC (Cloud).

You will find a full explanation by the Lightroom Queen here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/sync-presets-profiles-lightroom-classic-mobile/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this doesn't seem to be the case.

They look like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-06 um 10.26.05.png

like a document.

When I moved them from one computer to the other they don't appear. Only the folder does - and it's empty ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

"moved from one computer to the other".

So much has changed with presets and profiles in the last couple of Classic versions making it difficult to understand.

And now "Folders" in the operating system bear no relationship to the "Groups" you see in the Preset panel of the Develop module.

John Ellis explains this in a post at- Lightroom 7.5 develop presets aren't showing up

Without knowing exactly what, or how, you "moved", an answer is beyond my knowledge.

Can you provide a more detailed explanation of the steps you used? Other forum users may have the answer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines