• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 2019 will not sync with remote server

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing the DW 2019 update, I can no longer sync changed files with the remote server.

DW 2019 will go through the process of looking for changed files, but never presents the subsequent dialog box with a list of files to be uploaded. It just doesn't give you the changed files result and goes away. No files are uploaded. The connection to the server is fine since I can manually upload files with no problem.

I have reinstalled the DW 2018 version, and it works as it should. I have uninstalled the 2019 version, reinstalled and it will sync with the server until you shut the system down. After that it will revert to not syncing files. This happens on 4 different systems, some are running the latest win 10 insider updates and others are running the last public release. The problem is not specific to a machine, hardware or software OS version. Have reported this as a bug, but have not received any feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link for the bug?  If it has a vote system like Tracker does, I'll vote for it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Voted and commented.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Did you try getting in touch with Contact Customer Care​ to see if they can try and resolve your issue? If so, do you have a case number that I could look at. You could send the case number to me over a private message. To send a PM, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I did a little digging into this issue and it looks like a timing issue. If the "remote" FTP/SFTP server is on the same network (and thus really fast), synchronization is does NOT work. If the remote server is really remote (and thus a bit slower) synchronization does work.

It looks I wasted a couple of hours with DW19 -- definitely a product that isn't ready for prime time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a little more digging (and a very helpful call with Adobe), we discovered the issue. Dreamweaver needs access at the root of the site to maintain synchronization information.

If you have r/w access on the remote server at the directory level but do not have r/w access at the root of the remote site synchronization will fail without any error messages. It looks like dreameaver needs permission to r/w/d in the directory .cache at the root of your site.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a read/write problem. DW 2018 works just fine. DW 2019 does not work, and DW 2019 Next works but the dialog box is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is marked as the correct answer BUT: DW 2019 next will sync, but it will not let you interact with the dialog box to modify status of files to be synchronized. Also, the size of the dialog box has changed and covers the top half of the application window. Still does not work like DW 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines