• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool + Combine Shapes

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello since updating to latest version of PS 2019 the Combine Shapes option doesn't seem to be working. I click it so that I can draw multiple individual shapes and combine them when I'm done in one fell swoop but it just selects the most recent path. Also adding points to path while drawing used to be a one button click but now I have to control + click to get a drop down menu to add a point--super annoying and time wasting! What's up with pen tool in the new version of Ps!?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pen tool can be used  in thee modes "Shape",  "Path" and Fill.  In Shape mode  when you close a path a shape layer will be created. If you continue to use the pen in shape mode you start creating a new shape layer.  In Path mode you draw Path no layers are create just path are. Try Path mode I think the what you are wanting. With Pen in shape mode You can combine shape like you want with the correct setting in the tool option bar. Combine Shapes not New Layer...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry let me be more specific: I am not actually trying to create shapes: I am creating multiple paths that will eventually be combined into one adjustment layer mask. I am aware that I can do each mask one by one but in the past by clicking combine shapes I was able to path out each mask and then pull up the drop down menu to make one big mask of all the individual paths. I do have the pen selected to path not shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using I seem to have to have problems on windows 10 1809 and CC 2019 I can use all the conination modes of comnibe

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac updated to the very latest PS (this morning) and the latest Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think any behavior changed regarding creating paths, so I'm wondering if resetting your preferences would fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually did that already. sigh. oh well thank you for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines