• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap menu is not working on other pages. Why?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly inexperienced here, but I'm having a problem with my latest dropdown menu on every page but my index ( tribalcodes.org ). The index is fine and it will allow me to open the "Tribes" menu, but it's at the bottom of every other page, however I'm unable to make it clickable and it won't allow it to open on any page but the index. Anyone able to see where the problem may lie?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

I am sorry, but I fail to see any Bootstrap being used, let alone a Bootstrap menubar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but I fail to see any Bootstrap being used, let alone a Bootstrap menubar.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was there earlier. Gone now. Based on the code in his pages, this fellow might benefit from using something a bit more simple than Bootstrap. In my opinion, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I may have used the wrong verbiage. It’s the dropdown menu on all the pages that says “Tribes.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddheartland  wrote

Sorry, I may have used the wrong verbiage. It’s the dropdown menu on all the pages that says “Tribes.”

Well there is no 'Tribes' button on your 'about' and 'services' pages, only on your home page and contact page which work...albeit it unconventionally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Know this sounds weird but what is bootstrap, is that Comment section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/david+lb81758050  wrote

Bootstrap is a free CSS/script library originally developed by the dodgiest social media site: Twitter. Adobe has packed it inside Dreamweaver. Your response validates a point I've been trying to make for a very long time - that many Dreamweaver users have no clue what Bootstrap is or that they are using a bloated, third-party page layout method.

That said, the menu on your home page is a Bootstrap menu and your page is linked to both Bootstrap CSS and Bootstrap script, as it should. The other pages that don't work have a simple link. The Bootstrap markup, CSS, and script are not present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/david+lb81758050   wrote

Bootstrap is a free CSS/script library originally developed by the dodgiest social media site: Twitter. Adobe has packed it inside Dreamweaver. Your response validates a point I've been trying to make for a very long time - that many Dreamweaver users have no clue what Bootstrap is or that they are using a bloated, third-party page layout method.

That said, the menu on your home page is a Bootstrap menu and your page is linked to both Bootstrap CSS and Bootstrap script, as it should. The other pages that don't work have a simple link. The Bootstrap markup, CSS, and script are not present.

This is not a question from the original OP its a question from someone else, who is also clueless (meant in the nicest possible way) about Bootstrap - some would say its better to remain clueless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL... too many "Ds"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ALsp  wrote

LOL... too many "Ds"

Thats OK because the poster you replied to is now replying to the OP - thanking them for the response that you posted to them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, very much it's hard to get some people to understand some of the older people  troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines