• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchoring photos inside a text frame

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I anchor photos inside text frames, so that edits to the text will flow but the photos will stay on the same page they are currently on, in the same location? At present I have them anchored to the text (done by dragging the blue box) but that is not working well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

An Anchored Object is literally anchored to an insert point in your text. If you add or delete text, your Anchored Object will move with the flow of the text, maintaining the same distance from the point it has been anchored.

At times, Anchored Objects can be difficult to deal with, especially when they reach the bottom of your Text Frame.

The best advice I can give you, if you don't want the Photo to move, don't make that one photo an Anchored Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty easy ...

1) Get your Arrow/Selection Tool and select the graphic. When you do this correctly, you'll see the eight anchor points (4 corner dots and 4 in the center of the lines between them).

2) Select Edit>Cut menu command (keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl+X, depending on whether you're on a Mac or Windows platform).

3) With the Arrow/Selection Tool still selected, choose the Edit>Paste menu command (Cmd/Ctrl+V). This places the graphic independent of the text. Arrange/adjust as you need it, and it will stay on the page until you move it independently of the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An Anchored Object is literally anchored to an insert point in your text. If you add or delete text, your Anchored Object will move with the flow of the text, maintaining the same distance from the point it has been anchored.

At times, Anchored Objects can be difficult to deal with, especially when they reach the bottom of your Text Frame.

The best advice I can give you, if you don't want the Photo to move, don't make that one photo an Anchored Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines