• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change some text

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Hebrew words and some times a quotation starts in middle of a word and I want to change them all to lower quotation marks how do I do that? I search for any character, quotation mark, any character, any character how would I just change the quotation mark and the character will stay the same? (As I am not searching for a specific character)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

You can search for patterns (and not literal characters) using GREP.

Not knowing Hebrew, I can't be specific here but here's a find/change I used recently. My author used inch marks in place of open and close quotes. (Other ACPs: this was actually in FrameMaker which doesn't have InDesign's Use Typographer's Quotes).

Anyway, here is how I did it:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 3.03.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-06 at 3.04.12 PM.png

And here's how it works: the bold (.+?) means match any content (shortest match) and the ~" on both sides represents straight quotes. So match any content

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can search for patterns (and not literal characters) using GREP.

Not knowing Hebrew, I can't be specific here but here's a find/change I used recently. My author used inch marks in place of open and close quotes. (Other ACPs: this was actually in FrameMaker which doesn't have InDesign's Use Typographer's Quotes).

Anyway, here is how I did it:

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 3.03.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-06 at 3.04.12 PM.png

And here's how it works: the bold (.+?) means match any content (shortest match) and the ~" on both sides represents straight quotes. So match any content within straight quotes. Substitute ~" for the current quotation marks in your document.

Find: ~"(.+?)~"

The bold $1 will paste whatever it matched in the parentheses in the Find string. ~{ and ~} are the left and right quotes—substitute your lower quotation marks on either side of the $1. So add an open quote, paste the content that was found, and add a close quote.

Change: ~{$1~}

The quote characters that you need should be listed in the Quotation category in the @ menu at the end of the find and change text fields.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines