• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing wrong image

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is failing to import DNG image 1 (selected and checked) and instead importing image 2 (not selected or checked and previously imported). Both images are in the same folder and and I am using the "add" function to leave them in this location and add them to the LR database. The filenames are different, but there is some chance that image 2 had the same filename before being changed after import. The source of the DNG images is a scanner which assigns filenames. This behavior is new, but I can't identify exactly when it started. The import function has been flaky for some time, primarily loading duplicates, but now I can't even get an image in.

LR version is v 8.0 build 1193777 as part of the Adobe photo program. Running Win 10 Pro.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the "wrong" image in the Library Module, and then go to the Develop Module, does the "right" image appear in the Develop Module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are consistent between the library and develop modules. Image 1 never gets imported, but I can view it ok with other software such as Win Photos or Photoshop.

Thanks for the thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of the Import dialog window with the folder selected that holds the image, or images, you want to import and specifically the one image you say LR won't import and have that image selected, checked.

Then a screen shot of that folder in the library module and the Grid view in the main area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you add both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Other matters diverted me from this issue, but I wanted to come back and close the loop. Thanks to those who tried to help.

The issue is related to the fact that my VueScan scanner software assigns a sequential filename that fills in any missing numbers. That means that after I rename "file number #1" to "textname A" in LR, the scanner assigns #1 as the filename of the next file.

Somehow, LR seems to remember the former file name #1 despite the changed name and imports the former file. So I began changing the file names in the OS before they get to LR and then things worked fine.

That does not solve the problem, but I have no more time to work on it. It may have something to do with saving metadata, but a filename seems more basic. Life goes on.

Again, thanks to all who suggested ideas.

Cheers.

JDH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines