• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Compare tool from automatically running when opening a PDF?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

So I open several hundred PDFs a day, and most of them are documents that have Compares on them. On the old Acrobat 9, they open like normal. I've recently updated to Acrobat DC, and each time I open a file, it is on Side-by-Side view (Compare Tool). Each time, every time. Is there any way to disable the PDF from opening like that? Toggling the Default View on Preferences does nothing. Hoping someone has input!

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pkate,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to disable Compare tool from automatically running when opening a PDF in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you share the screenshot of the issue with us? To share the screenshot here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Shivam!

Here is a screenshot of the issue I'm experiencing:

I run an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.008.20080 on a Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thank you!

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use any third party plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the screenshot. Try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link:How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

If issue still persists, try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines