Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does A4T capture impressions on Target content served in email?

Level 2

I am able to capture click data when attempting to serve up Target content in emails deployed via Campaign Classic; however, when I run tests focused on impressions for the Target content, nothing comes back via A4T.

Is it possible to capture those impressions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

An additional thought/question here.

If A4T is unable to capture these impressions because a site visit is not triggered for Analytics to capture, would the implementation of Analytics using an html tag (through a pixel dropped in the email) help make that connection? Implementing Analytics using HTML image tags

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Leen,

Normally there's a metric called 'activity impressions' in Analytics that is populated via target and their impression data (in the A4T use case).  I presume you looked there.  If that is 0 or isn't populated.  Then Target itself isn't capturing impressions.  I'm not sure how well things like target work in the scope of inside an email, and what email clients allow to be executed inside of them.  I'm not sure if any of this helps though.

Thanks,

Seth

Level 2

Correct. I'm not seeing any data there; however, when the reporting source is set to Target and not Analytics, I do see impressions captured, leading me to believe they are being captured.

Correct answer by
Level 2

An additional thought/question here.

If A4T is unable to capture these impressions because a site visit is not triggered for Analytics to capture, would the implementation of Analytics using an html tag (through a pixel dropped in the email) help make that connection? Implementing Analytics using HTML image tags