• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Change Between Keyframes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this for a while now and never bothered to ask anyone; if I have two keyframes spread far apart with different values, AE is supposed to divide every frame in between evenly, right? Because sometimes, like the case below, it will create values that are not evenly distributed. I have a flare coming in and starting at the position of 806. Then, 28 frames later, I have the flare ending at the position of 957 (before it zooms off the screen). Wouldn't AE just take 957-806, giving a difference of 151, and then divide it by 28 for an even change every frame? Because in the third picture below, the flare for some reason goes over the value of 957 without me telling it to, to the value of 969. So the flare is going over the desired final position and then coming back the wrong way to finish off at 957. Why is it doing this and why wouldn't it just divide it evenly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018
So the flare is going over the desired final position and then coming back the wrong way to finish off at 957.

select the keyframes, right click on one of them. select " keyframe interpolation,  then set spatial interpolation to Linear

2018-12-03_14-01-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from composition settings: what frame rate are you using ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30 FPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the flare is going over the desired final position and then coming back the wrong way to finish off at 957.

select the keyframes, right click on one of them. select " keyframe interpolation,  then set spatial interpolation to Linear

2018-12-03_14-01-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also note that in Preferences/General you can turn on "Default spatial interpolation to Linear" to prevent this happening by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines