• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tags not exporting from ID CC 2015 to PDF [Edited]

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with InDesign CC 2015 [edited] on a government computer. I am using styles, and I went into Style Options/Export Tagging to map the styles to a tags:

Title - plain is mapped to H1

Heading 1 is mapped to H2

Heading 2 is mapped to H3

Body is mapped to P

Date & info is mapped to P

[Basic Paragraph] is mapped to P

Bullet is mapped to [Automatic]

When I export to PDF, with Create Tagged PDF checked, none of the tags appear (but figures are tagged as Figure). In the TURO tool of Acrobat XI, everything is marked as Span. (BTW, paragraphs don't come across as paragraphs; each line is a separate Span item.) In Acrobat's Tags panel, I have these: <_P_> <Story>  <NormalParagraphStyle>

I went back into the InDesign file and opened up the Tags panel. I mapped the styles to the tags there (created the tag LI and mapped Bullets to it). Generated a new PDF, and opened up the TURO tool. All Spans. Opened up the Tags panel. In addition to the tags mentioned earlier, I now have these: <Heading_1> <Title_-_plain>. It looks like <H2> got replaced by InDesign's Heading 1 and <H1> got replaced by InDesign's Title - plain.

Bulleted items show up as Span in the TURO tool, but as <LI> subsumed under <L> in the Tags panel.

With legacy PDFs, I don't have much choice but to do the tedious work of mapping everything manually in Acrobat XI. But I was hoping to avoid that for new ID docs by mapping styles to tags. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooops... Just realized that I am conflating my home version of ID (CS6) and my work version (CC) in my head. The problem is occurring at work, and that is InDesign CC 2015.3, build 11.3.0.34 x64. Can an admin move this to the CC forum? Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're already in the InDesign forum. The conversation doesn't need to be moved. But I'll edit the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thought there might be separate forums for CS and CC versions. But thanks for the edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines