• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

focus stacking in Photoshop v20.0.1

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get focus stacking to work in the newest version of photoshop v20.0.1.  I import photos from lightroom as layers in photoshop, then select all layers and click edit where most of the menu items are grayed out.  This is true of most items in the the other drop down menus.  When I do this with v19.1.7 it works and the items I need for stacking, auto align and auto merge, are not grayed out.  Is this a problem with the new version programing or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Your probably running into a known bug between Lightroom and Photoshop:

Photoshop 20.0.1: Most functions in Edit, Image, Layer, Select and Filter grayed out for image opened from Lightroom Cla…

Usually what works is starting photoshop before sending anything from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Files >> Scripts  >> Load Images in to stack

The latest version of Photoshop is not approved at work, but I would think that exists in the same place as 2018. Works great especially as will do the slight distort/transform to register layers for you.

Sometimes we get images in perfect register, other times not sure if someone kicks the tripod or whatever, but that auto align source images is a lifesaver.

Here si a screenshot of 2018

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.49.14 AM.png

Can we see a screenshot of your 2019, you obviously need more than one image so options nto greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your probably running into a known bug between Lightroom and Photoshop:

Photoshop 20.0.1: Most functions in Edit, Image, Layer, Select and Filter grayed out for image opene...

Usually what works is starting photoshop before sending anything from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both fixes worked.  Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines