• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign data merge

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a multiple record merge. When I "Create Merged Document" it only displays the first record. It creates text boxes for the subsequent records but no data is in them. What could I be doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Thanks, I deleted some columns in my data file that I didn't need, and now it seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of issues that could cause this result. 

It could be a problem with how your database is set up, or how your document is set up.

It could also be that you used Preview on your multiple records layout before preforming the merge. --There is a long-standing bug that can cause permanent file corruption when previewing a multiple record document. 

If you are able to share your file (via dropbox or other file sharing service) someone here can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I deleted some columns in my data file that I didn't need, and now it seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines