• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to begin with Id & Ps?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very basic question - I cant work with InDesign or Photoshop anymore. What has happened? Instead what happened early versions now a hand-tool appears and the cursor doesnt go away, it doesnt do anything else but stays there in working area. What is wrong now and why this has been made so complicated once again?

IMG_4549.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

If you've trashed the InDesign preferences and that hasn't helped. I suggest you uninstall InDesign using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app.

If after reinstalling InDesign you still have issues, uninstall InDesign again and run the Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS version?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences ?

Close InDesign. Then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch InDesign. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advises. Didn't help... Not even a mouse advise. I dont have mouse at all, I am using now trackpad since I am not in my usual working place.

I have os 10.13.6 and inDesign and Photoshop CC 2018. I have never faced such a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've trashed the InDesign preferences and that hasn't helped. I suggest you uninstall InDesign using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app.

If after reinstalling InDesign you still have issues, uninstall InDesign again and run the Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That seem to be the solution. It began to do what it is supposed to do, namely obeying what I want to do with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which procedure worked for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a problem with your mouse's scrolling function rather than a problem with Photoshop and InDesign.

Some mice let you push down on the scroll wheel or click a button (on those 20-button gaming mice) to lock the scroll lock and make mouse movement function the same as rolling the scroll wheel. The quickest way to find out is to turn off the mouse by unplugging the plug/cable, resetting the mouse then plugging everything in and synching it again.

I know this because I've suffered it before. Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines