Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to split documents after few people have signed it

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an enterprise account. Here is the scenario we have

We have two documents that need to be sent out to internal signers and external signers. The first document is an internal analysis of the deal and the second document is the actual contract.

The first and second document need to be signed by internal signers

After the internal signers have signed, only the second document needs to be signed by the external signer. External signers should not receive the first document as its an internal analysis of the deal.

Is there any way i can achieve it ?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use two separate files. You can extract pages from a signed file and have the signature still remain in tact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you try67. Just to confirm, what you are suggesting is that I send it out to the first set of users.

After they all sign, I use the signed file, removing few pages and then send it out to the next set ?

Is there any way or setting in which I can make one send and yet achieve this ?

For example if I could keep my two files separate after the last internal signatory, I want to be able to just forward the second file for next steps.

If this is not possible, we will be doing what you stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not what I suggested. You have two options:

- Either use two completely different sets of files, one for each person that needs to sign them (what I suggested), with the pages they need to see.

- Or, send the same file, including all the original pages, to both people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The key thing is that a signature applies to the whole file, always. Any modification of a signed file is forbidden (a bad person could for example be removing critical terms from a contract, changing the whole meaning). I recommend you keep the whole file for everyone. If confidentiality prevents that, the internal part needs two documents to be signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines