• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator won't open files when it's running except via ctrl-O

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago Illustrator stopped opening files except via ctrl-O or file > open. Files will no longer open when I double-click them in Windows Explorer, right click to choose Open or Open With..., or drag it to the taskbar icon.

UNLESS Illustrator is not currently running, in which case it launches Illustrator and opens the file just fine.

My version is up to date: Illustrator CC 2019 v 23.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, maybe the file type association isn't correct at the moment? Can you try to right click on the file in Windows Explorer and then click Open With? Maybe Windows still tries to open the file with the 2018 version of Illustrator...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as I said in my original question that does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows are you using? Has it recently run an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.0.17134 build 17134

I don't recall when the last update was run, but it was well before I started having this issue. Ditto for the last Illustrator update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so I was having the above problem for a few days and now, just like that, everything is opening again regardless of method. This happened to me once before, and that time it resolved itself also. I haven't restarted my computer, installed updates, or even closed Illustrator between the last time I had the problem and now. This makes no sense. What the heck could be going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines