• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyword groups

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got multiple folders with photos and want to tag/keyword certain photos i.e. 'Exterior' to 1 group of photos in Folder1 but also add the same keyword to Folder2 without showing photos from another folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect there's more to your question than you've stated, but here's a first cut at an answer:

1. In the Folders panel on the left of Library, click on the folder containing the photos to which you want to apply the keyword. If there are other folders you want to process, command-click (Mac) or control-click (Windows) those folders to select them too:

2. In the grid view, do Edit > Select All (see the menu for the keyword shortcut) to select all the photos.

3. In the Keywording panel on the right, type the keyword(s) you want to apply to all the selected photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that howardt2s​ wants to search for photos that have the keyword "Exterior" , BUT only show the photos from one specific folder (eg. Folder1 and not Folder2).

I do not believe this is possible unless there is a Plug-in that can do this. Or, if the Folders contain files of a specific date, the Metadata Search could be expanded to select the 'Date' of the folder images.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search for photos that have the keyword "Exterior" , BUT only show the photos from one specific folder (eg. Folder1 and not Folder2).

1. In the Folders panel, click on the specific folder, as shown above.

2. In the Keyword List panel, scroll to the desired keyword, hover the mouse over the keyword, and click on the right-arrow that magically appears:

This will filter the selected folder to show only those photos in the folder containing that keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John I cannot seem to get this to work for me.

I can select one folder, but the Keyword always pulls up all photos in my catalog with that keyword.

My example-

I have two folders, one has 9 images keyworded "Client', the other has 5 images keyworded "Client".

I select one folder in the folder panel, but the 'right arrow' click pulls up all 14 images in the Grid.

Is there an option setting somewhere to control this? Or OS difference? (Windows-pc here)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, my carelessness.  You need to do the steps in the opposite order:

1. In the Keyword List panel, scroll to the desired keyword, hover the mouse over the keyword, and click on the right-arrow that magically appears.

2. In the Folders panel, click on the specific folder, as shown above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beauty! but suggest insert a step for clarity-

1. Click the keyword 'arrow'

2. Press [Ctrl+A]  to select files with the keyword

3. Select the specific Folder in the Folder panel-  only the Keyword photos are highlighted (amongst others that exist in the same folder).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taking that 1 step further

4. when all your photos are selected, right-click on the arrow and select Create Keyword Tag Inside "EXTERIOR" and name it the project like 'Truck Center'

so basically, select all the photos in the folder and give them a keyword name like the project name, and then 'inside' that keyword 'Truck Center' highlight the exterior photos and give those a keyword 'Exterior'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howard, I am not sure I understand your logic in your Step#4.

I think you are placing "Exterior"  under multiple 'parent' keywords to use a hierarchy.

So you might have- (as shown in the keywording panel)

Exterior<Truck Center

Exterior<Car Show

Exterior<Vintage Vehicles

etc.

A keyword filter search for "Exterior" will bring up ALL instances of this keyword, but clicking (arrow) "Exterior" under a different 'parent' keyword will show a select group of photos.

You will need to create a 'parent' Keyword for each FOLDER if you want to achieve your original question solely by using keywords. But that is getting complicated! I think you need to stop at Step#3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I did and was my original question.  I have my folders list:

i.e.  for the Chesapeake folder - I selected all photos in the parent folder and gave ALL of them the parent keyword of Truck Center, then I selected all the photos that were taken of the Exterior and gave them a keyword of Exterior.  d.o. with the Office photos and within those Office photos I selected all the Bathrooms photos and 'Create Keyword inside "Office" naming it 'Bathrooms'.

bottom line - I got what I was looking to do in the first place.

thank you all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not really search for photos, but to filter out the photos in a specific job folder like johnrellis showed.  I thought that once you changed folders, that the keyword List would start fresh.  WobertC​, you are correct in what I am looking to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines