• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't remove an effect (directional feather)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was able to apply a directional feather to a table's bottom edge in order to remove the bottom border.

However, I now want to remove that effect but can't.  I tried to deselect the option and that didn't work.  The remove effect buttons are grayed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

With the object that you have an effect applied to selected open the Effects Panel. If an effect has been applied then there should be an fx to the right of the "Object:" area. If that is there then click on the trash can to get rid of it. If it doesn't have the fx but you're sure that there is an effect applied try selecting the object with the direct selection tool (white arrow).

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 1.44.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the object that you have an effect applied to selected open the Effects Panel. If an effect has been applied then there should be an fx to the right of the "Object:" area. If that is there then click on the trash can to get rid of it. If it doesn't have the fx but you're sure that there is an effect applied try selecting the object with the direct selection tool (white arrow).

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 1.44.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much about the direct selection tool!  It wasn't showing the fx symbol, and I couldn't remove it when I selected the bottom cells of the table with the normal selection tool.

After I selected the cell with the direct selection tool, the fx symbol popped up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines