• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 8 update - problems ever since

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Lightroom 8 I've experienced frequent crashing, freezing and sluggish performance.  Particularly related to tasks like cropping, zooming/panning and navigating from one image to another.  I suspect the solution could involve uninstalling and reinstallation, but I'm a little concerned about loosing links to existing edits - any thoughts?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resting the preferences first . Note that you will need to edit your references afterwords.

In the link below watch the video, to understand

No promise that this will help

Resolving Buggy Behavior in Lightroom: How to Reset Preferences - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks very much for the tip and useful video. No luck though, after resetting preferences it quickly crashed again while doing lens correction.

Thanks Michael

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next possibility is to if a user account problem exists, your computer login account, not your Adobe account.

Once again no promiss.

login as a different user, your computers admin account will work for a test run. If you have or go and create a non admin account, that might be better as a test.

at any rate logout, log back in as another user, see how Lightroom behaves. Not sure if Lightroom will launch your current catalog, or a new one. So do not be surprised if your existing catalog does not come up, it did not go anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh frig, forgot to advise on one very common possibility

in preferences, in performance, is use GPU acceleration on? If so, try off.

Also, take time to check your drivers especially the GPU driver for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for your help again. I turned off the GPU acceleration, it might have done the trick – very exciting. I’ll do some editing tomorrow to test it further, but fingers crossed!

Thanks again, Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional common question you will see at this forum, that is to inquire about your computers system info, typically looking for LR version (exact), Computer OS version/release (exact) GPU driver version (exact), and oddly if LR knows your license status.

You might want to reply with that just in case. Probably wont see anything odd, but???

In LR, click on help, click on system information, in the dialog box that pops up, click on copy. Paste that into a reply, that info after the listings of plugins might be useful to Adobe Techs, but you can leave that out for most of us fellow customers to save us trouble reading the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

I finally found a minute to test LR, it seems to be working fine now. My drivers were up to date, so it appears the issue was the GPU acceleration.

Thanks again for your help. Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines