• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to choose font with the keyboard arrows?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can not I switch between the fonts with the keyboard arrows? It hangs and does not show the continuation of the fonts (only the last ones I chose) and only with the mouse one by one it gives the selector. Uncomfortable. In the past I  choosed a font through the arrows on the keyboard and see the fonts on the selected text in the file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DanielaIdo:

Mac or Windows? Which version of InDesign?

In CC 2019, you can open the menu with your mouse, and as you move your mouse over the list, the text on the page will reflect the font you are hovering over. However, I can still tap the up/down arrow keys (with the Fonts menu on the Control panel open or closed) to navigate the entire list of fonts.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Windows, Indesign cc 2019.

With the mouse I know that it is move when I over the font.

But I like to move with the arrow keys and I do not understand what "font menu on the contro panel" you are talking about.

Now I tried to move with arrow keys with the "character windows" but it is stuck the Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines