• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with .tif files from archived catalog

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently had a client tell me they never got a chance to download their pictures from my website. The pictures have already been removed from my website as well as from lightroom. I keep the files on an archive drive with all the RAW images as well as an exported catalog file.

My issue is: Once i open the catalog file, lightroom is saying it is missing pictures because the original could not be located. All the missing pictures are .tif extensions, and i don'tCapture1.PNG know if this is just a settings issue, or if photoshop did not export them correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And outside of lightroom, using File Explorer (Windows, Finder in MAC) can you see the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of lightroom, all i currently have is the RAW images (all are there and visible) and the catalog files.

Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the dialog the tif file will be in your raw folder, so check if it is in there. You likely just have to tell Lightroom about the new location of this raw folder (right click on it in Lightroom) because the drive letter changed or some other move occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click on it to locate the original file, it just replaces it with the RAW image without modifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one catalog? Are you in the correct one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as it turns out, i was missing the original .tif file that photoshop creates for reference. all i did was re-upload the image to photoshop and save the new .tif original file to the location lightroom was looking at. after that, clicked find missing file, clicked on the new .tif file from photoshop, and now everything appears as it should with my previous edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines