• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the fill and sign to blue ink signature? I have Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have Acrobat DC and need to change my signature to blue ink.  How do I do that using this program?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Hi Tom,

Sorry to say but text color in Fill & Sign is only available in Black & White. Refer to the following forum threads which discuss more:

Change Font Colors in Fill & Sign Tools

How do you change the color of the sign and fill text to the color blue

You may also vote for this feature using this link: Font Color should be available for change in the FIll and Sign – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cassyc,

Sorry for the delay in response. I hope you already have found an answer to your question.

In case if you still looking for an answer, please let us know what you mean by Blue Ink signature. To know all about "Fill and Sign", you may visit: Fill and sign forms |

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I belive cassyc49854186's question is the same as I have.  In many countries forms should be signed in blue ink, to make it stand out from the black text in the document.  How can we make the inserted hand written signature appear in blue instead of black?  The link you pprovided only shows how to fill in a black signatures.

Best regards

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Sorry to say but text color in Fill & Sign is only available in Black & White. Refer to the following forum threads which discuss more:

Change Font Colors in Fill & Sign Tools

How do you change the color of the sign and fill text to the color blue

You may also vote for this feature using this link: Font Color should be available for change in the FIll and Sign – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a load of crap!  I was able to change not only color, but line thickness in Acrobat X and earlier, why was this feature removed in DC?  It needs to be put back in -- there are many organizations that will not accept any form of digital signature - whether drawn or certificate-type - and want people to print out a document, sign it, and scan it back in.  At least when we could change line color and thickness, I could make it look like a real pen/ink signature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i completely agree with justin, i just attempted to digital sign and send a document today and they called asking why i signed it using a magic marker! yes a magic marker because the lines were thicc and black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How ridiculous is this of not being able to sign in different color..! Get this fixed ASAP as we need our documents to be signed in Green, Blue ink often. Or else we don't have any problem switching to Bluebeam PDF editor where we get many options (FYI, we use 16 Adobe all apps CC in my firm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is not being able to sign in different colors acceptable. Please fix ASAP...........

Many people that accept signed documents require blue ink signatures only, how are we supposed to advance and evolve into more cloud based document management if we are limiting our tools...................ridiculous Adobe. The more you do things like this the more power you are going to give competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. At the bare minimum in order for us to conduct business we must have blue ink. Black is not accepted in multiple venues of my business. Please get this addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys recently had the same issue myself.

so long story short I did this with an iPhone with adobe fill and sign app. Step 1:sign your signature in whatever colour pen onto a white piece of paper.step 2: go into signatures on app and click camera take a picture of your signature on a white piece of paper step 3 save and then it will apply your signature in whatever colour blue black any colour.if this does not make sense please say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the color of your signature and fill in tools, by clicking the dot next to the controls. Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 12.42.54.png

Make sure you uncheck "maintain original color for signatures" so that it changes to the color you select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "dot" Kristerpher5C80 means the big blue dot, not the little black one.  Also, the "Retain original color for signatures" selection is located at the bottom of the color selection palette, after you click the big blue dot...  It defaults to checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't seem to be available in the android app afaict

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer.

Please mark it as such.

I just posted a reply with the same solution because I hadn't seen this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we only have the choice between super saturated colors, no custom colors.. Not very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still a bug? I have to sign a sheet, but it needs to be in red font.  I cannot see how to change the color to anything but black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color of a digital signature is of no importance. If you need it to be printed in red then using a digital signature is not going to work. Just use the Pencil tool and scribble your signature, or scan it and insert it as an image (you can also do that with a real digital signature, actually, which might be the best solution for this need).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, it is important.  The system used for data entry is UNIX based and has different colors for differnent fields for the operators. Hence the reason we currently use RED for the signature of a correction rather than blue or black.

It is unfortunate that this bug will not be fixed.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you need the field to be red, or the font of the text in the signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the signature color.  thanks.  I know it is wierd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this. https://www.utsa.edu/coronavirus/documents/Sign-a-PDF-Adobe-Sign.pdf

Select color and uncheck Retain original color for signatures.

A6C1C_0-1625811753221.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!   THAT WORKED!  woo hoo! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is now available.

In the Fill & Sign toolbar, select the Color Picker and uncheck the box "Retain original color for signatures".

Just adding this answer to the record, in case someone else comes across this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's pretty easy to overlook, but prior to making the signature in the "sign yourself" box, select "change color." Select desired color and here's the sneaky part, there's a small box that you need to check below all the colors. "Keep signatures black." It is located in the pop up box of selectable colors at the bottom. Small font, very easy to miss. Then create signature in "sign yourself" or "fill and sign." Should work. Hope this helps. Was driving me crazy too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines