• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom book not saving edits

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have laid out a 74 page large landscape lightroom book. I am making edits to the text and every time I leave the book the text changes and the photo positions are not saved. How do you get it to save you edits? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joev,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? Also, please refer the below forum discussion and the offered suggestions.

How do I save a book in progress in Lightroom 4.2?

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using release 8.0

Is there a fix to this? It keep not saving my work. This is making it impossible to use Lightroom book module. This must be fixed. Thank you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that and there is no save option in my version. I need to get this solved could you please give me a solution so I can complete my project this is a major bug with Lightroom I hope there is a simple fix to it. Please get back to me. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Well, it looks like an issue with the Lightroom Classic CC 8.0. Please refer the following forum discussion: 8.0 Release Book Module

You may need to revert back to Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 as a workaround for now.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to all of my work if I roll back to 7.5

What happens to my layout and all of my work?

I made custom pages.

Please let me know. Thx

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make a copy of your Lightroom catalog to a different location. Install Lightroom 7.5 via Creative Cloud Desktop app and open the existing catalog in Lightroom 7.5 and check all your custom settings in book module.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please outline how to make the copy?

Thx

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, Lightroom saves catalogs in the following folders:

• Windows: \Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom
  • Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom

Copy the Lightroom folder to another location maybe in another folder or on desktop location. Don't move the Lightroom folder only copy. Then, launch Lightroom 7.5 and open the existing catalog and continue your work.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a total mess Adobe should not treat their paying customers this way. I pay for a subscription I don’t expect errors like this, but what is worse is the lack of communication about the problem from Adobe.

You have to do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're really sorry for all the frustration caused you. The reason we are asking you to copy the catalog, is to make sure you loose your work.

You need to install the previous version of Lightroom and you are good to go.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue. It seemed to start after I exported a PDF copy to see what it looked like. Luckily I had just made a copy of the book and that one would save. If it's not too late, my advice is to duplicate your book lots as you work on it. I'm sure that's no help if you've invested days in a building book. I hope this gets fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to recreate the problem consistently.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start LR 8.0, select Book module; select collection.
  2. Select Blurb format and Clear Format
  3. Add photos, captions
  4. Save book
  5. Edits save properly.
  6. Change book format to PDF
  7. Book corrupted and will not save any more even after switching back to Blurb format.

All sorts of other weird things happen to the corrupted book like it won't re-layout if you change the format (port to landscape, etc).

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is the same as chrisb123456. This is totally unacceptable. I keep trying to finish my book project only to slam into walls within the app. If we need to install a previous version of LR, this implies that the current version was not ready for release. We all pay a lot of money each month for these tools so we expect the ones that are released to work as advertised. This is what's known as broken trust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having  the same experience with the book module in Lightroom Classic CC release 8.  Created a book, autofilled using my custom layout, saved the book as a sub-collection, made modifications, went to develop module (pressing "D"") on one image, came back to the book module and everything was blank.  No - clicking on the book sub-collection directly rather than the book module in the top menu does not bring anything back.  Also notice that swapping photos does not work right, the photo being moved to swap does go where intended but the other photo is then just removed from the book and not swapped. (Using drag one photo on top of the other).  I've spent hours on this and cannot get saving or swapping to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LR Classic 8.3 and just had the same thing happen yesterday. I lost all my book layout and it seems to have reverted to the initial version I created when I did the first save. Is this not fixed somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it seems to have reverted to the initial version I created when I did the first save

Can you explain "when I did the first save"? Was there a second save?

What exact steps did you take to re-open the book?

There is only ever one "Save" possibility for a book-

When you first start a new book you get the tab to [Create a Saved Book]. This then creates a "Book Collection" in the Collections panel. Any time you return to editing this 'saved' book you MUST Double-Click this Collection to go to the Book Module. Any work then done on this book is automatically saved in the Collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines