• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips turned solid green after trying to export.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Premiere Pro CC v 13.0.1

I have been editing a project with Sony A7iii 4k clips (MP4) in premiere and when I tried to go and export a rough edit of the intro, it exported a solid green video. Once this happened I went back into my project and looked at the clips in the source monitor, and they are now showing up green, but they do have audio. Since then, they are also showing up as solid green even in finder! This was absolutely not the case before I started editing, and didn't even show it's head until I attempted to export.PP green clips.pngFinder green clips.png

Clip info.png

Has anyone else ever seen this issue before? I am using proxys to edit the 4K clips, but I have also tried just deleting those completely and that did not change anything... I havent found anyone else with this question recently, I just found something from 2013, but it was unanswered. Maybe this is a Sony issue? But I cant find anything on that either. Any help would be extremely appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change mp4 extension to mpg or mts, see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Mantani!

Check this out:

File > Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > (choose from dropdown) Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Here's another possible fix, but it involves re-importing all your footage and I see you spent some time making all those proxies so hopefully changing the render settings will fix it: HOW TO FIX ADOBE PREMIERE IMPORTING GREEN FOOTAGE TUTORIAL - YouTube

Let me know if that helps!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, changing the settings did not work =(, but thank you for the info! It was better to try that before renaming all the clips and re-importing! But I am going to try that now and let you know. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start renaming a few clips: if this works you can batch rename extension in The Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann!

So, I renamed a clip, an then went through my normal workflow of creating a proxy, adding it to a new sequence and exporting, and I got the same result. I then tried renaming a different clip and DID NOT create a proxy and attempted to export, and that worked. Except with my machine it is impossible for me to edit 4k without a proxy... So I guess my proxy settings are messed up? I thought that was not supposed to impact my exported media regardless? Sorry if these are dumb questions... I am new to proxy's and this is my First 4k project. I thought I have everything figured out, as everything was going very smoothly, until I tried exporting...

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pr uses the original 4K files for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the following helped:

edit/preferences/memory - and change "performance" to "memory".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all so much for your fast replies! Honestly, after I wrote this question, I started watching videos online and then watched a video on B&H, and it was green in the chrome player! So I had a feeling it was my machine at that point. So I restarted and ran a new apple security update and all is well now! Who knows sometimes! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind... That did not work. It looked like it did, until I tried to export again, then it reverted back. It will export all of my graphics and audio, just not the video =(. Gonna try the tips above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines